Woman found guilty of stealing 330,000 rupees from road accident fund from stepchildren of Eastern Cape news of 2021


A woman has been found guilty of RAF fraud.

A woman has been found guilty of RAF fraud.

  • An Eastern Cape woman has been found guilty of stealing R331 000 from her step-children.
  • The money was part of a road accident fund claim made by the children.
  • The woman was not the caregiver of the children, as stated in the claim.

An Eastern Cape woman has been found guilty of stealing more than R330 000 in a Road Accident Fund (RAF) claim for the purpose of benefiting her stepchildren. He has been given a suspended sentence of six years and ordered to repay the stolen money.

Read | Durban lawyer arrested for allegedly duping RAF customers

Nymeka Makhtashwa, 49, was convicted and sentenced at the East London Regional Court on Tuesday on charges of theft. Hawks spokesman Captain Yolisa Mogolodela said the theft was related to a claim made by Makhtshwa on behalf of the children in 2014.

“On 14 July 2014, following the death of her husband in a motor vehicle accident, Makhtashwa filed a claim with the RAF on behalf of her stepchildren. The claim was settled by the RAF and more than R331 000 was deposited in her account. The amount was paid,” Magolodela said.

However, the court heard that Makhtashev did not give money to the stepchildren.

“In her affidavit in support of the claim, she stated that she was living with and supporting the children, whereas she had never lived with or supported them,” Mogolodela said.

A complaint was filed with Hawks’ Serious Commercial Crime Investigation Team in east London for investigation, which led to Makhtashev’s arrest on 16 March 2021.

At the time, he was released on warning by the East London Magistrates’ Court.

“After several court appearances, he received a suspended sentence of six years. He was further ordered to pay the victims an amount of R100 000 and the balance in monthly installments over a period of 60 months on or before 1 October 2021, ‘ said Mogolodela.

Did you know you can listen to articles? subscribe to news 24 For access to this exciting feature and more.

Kitschoff confident Boks can outsmart all blacks: ‘Our strategy and DNA are good enough’ news of 2021


PRETORIA, SOUTH AFRICA - JULY 02: Steven Kitschoff of South Africa runs with the ball during the rugby union international match between South Africa and Georgia at Loftus Versfeld Stadium on July 02, 2021 in Pretoria, South Africa.  (Photo by David Rogers/Getty Images)

PRETORIA, SOUTH AFRICA – JULY 02: Steven Kitschoff of South Africa makes a run with the ball during the rugby union international match between South Africa and Georgia at Loftus Versfeld Stadium on July 02, 2021 in Pretoria, South Africa. (Photo by David Rogers/Getty Images)

  • Springbok prop Steven Kitschoff said they were not looking to lose their fourth Test in a row.
  • If they lose to the All Blacks in the Gold Coast on Saturday, they will equal an unwanted 2016 record.
  • Kitshoff will start from the bench with Malcolm Marks and Vincent Koch.

Springbok prop Steven Kitschoff said he was not looking forward to the 2016 run in which they lost four consecutive Tests.

Kitshoff missed last week’s 19-17 loss against the All Blacks but was off the bench in the four Tests SA lost to New Zealand, England, Italy and Wales in 2016.

If the Boks lose to New Zealand in the Gold Coast on Saturday, they will be in the same position, this time with a better team.

Kitshoff said the nightmare of 2016 that he experienced with many of his current teammates is the farthest thing from his mind

“I was part of that squad in 2016 and it’s not something we think about,” Kitshoff said.

“We just want to rock up and play great rugby. We support our playing style, our physical presence and the way we want to play our rugby.

“We have full faith in this team and we’ve had some unfortunate weekends, but it’s not something we think about.

“We just want to pitch on Saturday and give a good performance. We believe our strategy and DNA are good enough to win big matches.

One positive from last week’s heartbreaking All Blacks loss was a good scrambling through the game.

Boques would be without Frans Malherbe, but the opening front lines of Aux Neche, Bongi Mbonambi and Trevor Nyken are formidable.

Kitshoff, Vincent Koch and Malcolm Marx will step down from the bench and their mandate is clear.

“We want to build on our good performance over the past weekend and we know the All Blacks will try and correct their mistakes from the last Test,” Kitschoff said.

“As a front rower from the bench, we know how important it is to play the last 25-30 minutes of a Test, maintaining the scrum dominance and working from the platform given to us by the starting front line.”

Saturday’s Test in the Gold Coast will begin at 12:05 (South Africa time).

Teams:

South Africa

15 Willie Le Roux, 14 Sabu Nkosi, 13 Lukhanyo M, 12 Damien de Allende, 11 Makazol Mpimpi, 10 Hendre Pollard, 9 Faf de Clercq, 8 Duane Vermeulen, 7 Quagga Smith, 6 Sia Colisi (Captain), 5 Lude de Jagger , 4 Eben Etzbeth, 3 Trevor Nykane, 2 Bongi Mobonambi, 1 aux Neche

Substitute: 16 Malcolm Marks, 17 Steven Kitschoff, 18 Vincent Koch, 19 Franco Mostart, 20 Jasper Wiese, 21 Herschel Jantzie, 22 Elton Jantzie, 23 Frans Stein

New Zealand

TBA

Husband, dozens of others jailed for raping French woman news of 2021



  • A man who was found to have drugged his wife for years so as to rape her has been jailed.
  • The husband was caught trying to film women under their skirts in a store and an investigation has erupted that has identified 45 suspects.
  • On informing the police, the wife came to know about the assault.

A 68-year-old man has been jailed in France after police discovered he had drugged his wife for years so she could be raped by strangers, officials said on Wednesday. said.

A total of 45 suspects have been identified in an investigation launched in the southern city of Avignon nearly a year ago after the husband was caught trying to film women under their skirts in a store.

Police Commissioner Jeremy Bose Platier said, “It is rare to have so much evidence in a rape case. Here we have everything in detail, even though the victim, who was unconscious during the rape, does not remember anything.”

“It is also unusual how long they were executed (from 2010 to 2020) and the number of perpetrators,” she said, adding that the husband had filmed all the rapes.

He said the woman, who is in her sixties, came to know about the attacks only after she was alerted by the police.

Videos were found on the husband’s computer with messages posted on casual sex meeting sites inviting people to take advantage of his wife while she was weaned off anti-anxiety drugs.

The age of the accused of rape is between 24 and 71 years.

“He (husband) used to put her on the bed naked and heat the room so that she wouldn’t wake up. Then people would pounce on her and whisper, and if the victim moved they would leave,” said Bose Platier . .

The husband and 32 other men are in custody and nine others are being questioned, he said.